This update will see the start of a new season and some sandbox changes, in addition to other stuff.
To prepare for the launch of Season of [REDACTED], Destiny 2 will undergo scheduled downtime from 9 AM PDT (1600 UTC) to 11 AM PDT (1800 UTC) on May 24. Below is the scheduled timeline for this release:
- 9 AM PDT (1600 UTC): Maintenance is scheduled to begin.
- 9:45 AM (1645 UTC): Destiny 2 is brought offline.
- 10 AM (1700 UTC): Destiny 2 will be brought back online. Update 4.1.0 will be playable on all platforms and regions.
- 11 AM (1800 UTC): Destiny 2 maintenance is scheduled to complete.
For more information, please visit the Destiny Server and Update Status help article.
Here’s a preview of some of the changes coming in the update. Full patch notes will be posted on Tuesday:
- Updated the Director navigation header to a new style to make it more scalable.
- Fixed a visual bug on the Title Screen when playing with a screen aspect ratio greater than 16:9.
- Fixed a logic bug that would sometimes show inaccurate informational text on the Bungie Name Change screen after a player had changed their name via Bungie.net.
- Improved the consistency with which PlayStation and Xbox platform rosters update the online status of platform friends.
Dares of Eternity
- Increased Strange Coins earned from the reward chest in Dares of Eternity from 1 to 3.
- This does not affect the number of Strange Coins earned from Lightning Round chests.
Power and Progression
- Power Bands have been increased for the new Season:
- Power Floor: 1350 (unchanged)
- Soft Cap: 1510 (up from 1500)
- Powerful Cap: 1560 (up from 1550)
- Hard Cap: 1570 (up from 1560)
- The Character Power Boost has been increased to 1510 with the new Soft Cap.
- Vault space has been increased by 100 (was 500, is now 600).
- While we know this doesn’t enable players to save every single piece of loot in the game, the team was able to pull some strings and get a little more space for your vaults as they continue to investigate future solutions.
- Xûr’s inventory should no longer be different if players manage to find him at destinations shortly after the weekly reset happens on Tuesday.
- He will still reappear with new gifts from the Nine when he returns at his regularly scheduled time on Friday.
- While his will is not his own, he needs a break each week—no more working overtime.
- Scorn sniper damage brought in line (reduced) with other combatant sniper weapons.
- Spread of projectiles increased to reduce instances of multiple projectiles hitting players.
Smith’s Sentiment: I really, really wish they would just do away with the power level nonsense. It’s only purpose is to serve as a source of frustration. If you can’t make pinnacles guarantee a slot upgrade, then do away with it. Just do away with it anyway. It’s so tedious and unfun. Sorry, I’ll always hate it. Vault increase is now.