Here are the results from the April 12th edition of NXT 2.0:
NXT 2.0 Match Results
– Cameron Grimes defeated Solo Sikoa via pinfall in 13:11 to retain the NXT North American Championship.
– Von Wagner defeated Ikeman Jiro via pinfall in 2:55.
– Mandy Rose defeated Dakota Kai via pinfall to retain the NXT Women’s Championship.
– Xyon Quinn defeated Draco Anthony via pinfall in 2:58.
– The Creed Brothers eliminated Legado Del Fantasma, Briggs and Jensen, and Waller and Sanga from the gauntlet match.
– Pretty Deadly eliminated The Creed Brothers via pinfall in 27:08 of total match time to become the new NXT Tag Team Champions.
Bron Breakker gave an in-ring promo stating that Rick Steiner was home and okay, but that nobody messes with his family. Joe Gacy appeared via tape standing in front of a bonfire. Gacy said he understands why Bron is so tough and that Rick took his beating like a man but he took a souvenir. He threw Rick’s WWE Hall of Fame ring in the fire as an angry Breakker looked on. Later in the show, Gacy took the ring out of the fire and put it on.
Cora Jade cut a promo about always wanting to be a champion in WWE, and that she was going to bust her ass to put her name alongside the women she grew up idolizing. She name dropped AJ Lee, Paige, Sasha Banks, Natalya and others. Natalya came out to a huge ovation while Cora marked out. Nattie called Cora the future of the women’s division, but then said the future was bleak. She slapped Cora and then put her in the Sharpshooter.
Next week, Tiffany Stratton takes on Sarray, and Natalya will face off against Tatum Paxley.
Indi Hartwell and Persia Pirotta decided to stop arguing with one another and convinced Dexter Lumis and Duke Hudson to become a tag team.
Smith’s Sentiment: Another good episode of NXT 2.0. The show was book-ended by two strong title matches. I’m not real big on Pretty Deadly winning the titles in their first match on NXT 2.0, but imagine The Creed Brothers will finally get the titles whenever NXT has its next Premium Live Event. Rose/Kai was fun, but man do something with Dakota already. Natalya was a surprise, and man did she get a pop. Good to see the trend of veterans coming in to work with the rookies continuing, this time with the women.